Homes and Spaces for Generations
Welcome to the Homes and Spaces for Generations research programme.
This research builds on our work undertaken for Phase one of BBHTC, including:
- Work on affordable homes that function for people in different stages and phases of their lives in changing households, families and communities.
- Work completed to better understand the factors and decisions that impact on our homes, towns and cities.
With a focus on solutions to deficits in affordable housing and those low income households and key workers most affected by the housing affordability crisis. The programme will develop research based solutions to sustain people in their homes and communities over generations and contribute to thriving regions.
This research seeks to provide robust science and research-based tools to enable Aotearoa/NZ to achieve:
- Affordable stock for diverse people and thriving communities.
- Affordable housing that works over the life cycle of the dwelling and a housing stock able to support multiple generations and people through the life course.
- Solutions that:
- Address the limits of markets; stigma and exclusionary processes; and policy and regulatory settings.
- Identify barriers and opportunities.
- Engage investment in affordable housing.